Folgende Punkte sollten bereits bei der Planung von Videos berücksichtigt werden:
- Make it Authentic: Customers are jaded by typical sales-pitches. When everything is available at the click of a mouse, having a good product is no longer enough. Creating authentic video that captures the human element allows customers to connect on a personal level. This connection builds trust and drives action.
- Make it Relevant: With customers in control, irrelevant video is at best ignored and at worst creates a negative impression when viewers feel their time is wasted. Videos that work share compelling stories that resonate with the audience. No gimmicks, no ploys. Respect viewers’ time and provide them with actionable content.
- Make it Engaging: Good information is no longer enough. With thousands of sites providing similar services, your online video has to stand out from the competition. Entertainment goes hand-in-hand with engagement. Video must deliver content in a format that interests and excites users.
- Make it Search Engine Friendly: The advent of Universal Search has changed the search game. Engines now return more and more videos, blogs, news articles, books, tweets and more in their results. The new algorithms weigh video heavily, increasing your relevance in search results. Good meta-data, file naming, architecture, and distribution on sites like YouTube all help.
- Make an Action Path: Research has shown that adding video to a site can drive 36% more clicks, 20% more inbound calls, and more than double time on site. A Kelsey Group study found 55% of people who view a video visit the company’s Web site; 30% visit a physical store; and 24% make a purchase because of watching. Viewers only do this if there is a reason to do so. Provide a call to action, a trackable URL to visit, a coupon, discount code, or unique phone number to call. This way your video can be evaluated against other marketing efforts.
- Make it Shareable: YouTube taught everyone that video is portable and starts conversations between friends. Videos that do not meet this new expectation limit their own effectiveness. Sharing is an easy action that viewers can take to promote your business. By enabling conversations to spread, you are giving yourself an easy opportunity to gain viewership. To promote sharing make sure your video can be embedded, emailed and posted to the different social media sites. (Most video players, like Microsoft Showcase, YouTube, Viddler and tv automatically include those options – so take advantage of them!)[i]